The Nchumburu Constituency of the New Patriotic Party, NPP, has declared the Joseph Kwame Danso Asiam can no longer function as the party’s Constituency Chairman.
They explained that Joseph Kwame Danso Asiam had no moral authority to function in the Constituency as party executive describing him as a cankerworm hell-bent in destroying the fabrics of the Constituency that was carefully woven together and working against the fortunes of the parliamentary candidate.
They claimed Joseph Kwame Danso Asiam has been suspended as a Chairman of the Constituency by the Regional Executive Committee for misconduct, and any action taken to reinstate him without paying attention to the claims made against him remains “ultra vires.”
A press statement read by Secretary of Nchmburu Youths, Phydelis Abuwuki, yesterday said:
Read the full statement……………….
THE CONSTITUENCY YOUTH OF THE NPP
KRACHI NCHUMURU -CONSTITUENCY
P.O BOX 1
AUGUST 23, 2020
THE GENERAL SECRETARY
THE NEW PATRIOTIC PARTY
PRESS STATEMENT BY THE CONSTITUENCY YOUTH OF THE NEW PATRIOTIC PARTY IN KRACHI NCHUMURU CONSTITUENCY OF THE OTI REGION TO PETITION THE REINSTATEMENT OF THE SUSPENDED CONSTITUENCY CHAIRMAN – MR. JOSEPH KWAME DANSO ASIAM.
Following the letter received from the office of the Oti Regional Office of the NPP dated 19th August 2020 instructing the Krachi Nchumuru constituency executives to handover to the suspended chairman (Mr. Joseph Kwame Danso Asiam) for his misconduct after the NPP parliamentary primaries.
The evidence gotten from the tape is however obvious that the suspended Chairman is in diverse ways planning to cause the downfall of both the Parliamentary Candidate for the Krachi Nchumuru Constituency and the presidential candidate for the New Patriotic Party.
Some of the reasons why the suspended Chairman should not be brought back include.
- The suspended Chairman is the campaign manager for an independent candidate (Dr. Inusah Nasiru) who lost to the PC (Hon. Innocent) during the primaries in the Krachi Nchumuru constituency.
- He is also insulting some of the traditional rulers who have a higher propensity of convincing the majority of the people to endorse our parliamentary candidate in the upcoming election of being hypocrites, bias, and a man with no conscience.
- This same suspended Chairman is working hand in hand with the NDC to exchange votes in this year’s elections.
- Per the tape, Mr. Asiam is promoting and sponsoring tribal politics in our constituency in order to favor his independent candidate and the NDC by influencing some of the youth to break away from the NPP’s Parliamentary candidate and project his independent candidate.
- He has also stated categorically that the DCE for Krachi Ncumuru is a madman and cannot work with him.
- The suspended Chairman in his tape said our legitimate parliamentary candidate is a “bushman” for that matter is not a good material for the constituency.
- Insulting all konkombas as Bushmen and animals.
These and many other reasons will prevent the constituency youth of the NPP from working with the suspended chairman if re-instated since there are laws governing all members of the elephant family of which he is inclusive.
We are therefore charging the national executives to consider the negative effects it will cause the Parliamentary candidate and the presidential candidate if the suspended chairman is re-instated and order him to continue his suspension in order to save the interest of the party members who are working tirelessly to bring Hon. Innocent to power as well as the president to continue his second term.
Failure to hear our cry, we shall suspend ourselves from all party activities before, during, and after the 2020 general elections.
The attached are letters of suspension and letter of re-instating from the Oti regional office of the New Patriotic Party.
We hope our plea would meet your usual consideration and action to enable us to attain our victory in this year’s presidential and parliamentary elections